Breakfast is served daily between 8.00 and 9.00 am in our dining-room. Sit around our large farmhouse table and enjoy a home-cooked breakfast which might include:
- fresh fruit salad or fruit platter
- home-made bread or muffins
- fresh orange juice
- sour cream and pear pancakes or orange oatmeal pancakes
- waffles with peaches and passionfruit cream
- Ounuwhao's special Russell French toast with fresh fruits and Greek yoghurt
- smoked salmon & scrambled egg in a tortilla wrap, baked in oven
- zucchini & feta fritters with grilled bacon & honey/mustard dressing
- ham & egg 'cups' on hashed browns with slow-roasted tomatoes, served with hollandaise sauce
- freshly brewed tea and percolated coffee, freshly baked bread/toast, home-made baked goodies
- home-made jams and preserves
"I LOVE to cook and breakfast is a very special occasion @ Ounuwhao.
I make all the jams/preserves from fruit grown organically in the cottage orchard.
The organically grown vegetable garden supplies much of the vegetables and garnishes used in preparation of the Special cooked dishes served daily.
Freshly baked bread using recipes I have written myself, is also made into toast.
Bircher muesli...organic grains, seeds and nuts soaked in apple juice with a fresh apple added in the a.m. and finished with a little yoghurt or cream is a real treat: served most days along with my own low-fat homemade yoghurt. If you enjoy good food, you will certainly find sharing b/fast around the large kauri timber dining table a really enjoyable experience."
We pride ourselves on our healthy 'start-to-the-day' breakfasts.
We're sure you will enjoy them too.
Our home is smokefree.